One of the most effective ways to remove gum from hair is by using a substance that can dissolve it, such as peanut butter or vegetable oil. Here’s how to do it:
- Apply a generous amount of peanut butter or vegetable oil directly onto the gum.
- Use your fingers to work the peanut butter or oil into the gum, ensuring that it covers the entire affected area.
- Wait a few minutes to allow the peanut butter or oil to penetrate the gum and break it down.
- Use a comb or your fingers to gently pull the gum out of the hair, starting at the ends and working your way up to the roots.
- Wash the hair with shampoo and conditioner to remove any residue from the peanut butter or oil.
Note: Be careful not to use scissors or other sharp objects to cut the gum out of the hair, as this can cause more damage and lead to uneven haircuts.
Remember, prevention is key to avoid getting gum stuck in your hair. Be cautious when chewing gum and try to avoid playing with it near your hair.